Sunday, August 21, 2011

Last days of summer

My summer is winding down. It has been an exciting, eventful, and exhausting few months (pardon all the "e's")!! Can you really be all those things at once?!

I can't believe I only have one week left before it is back to the grind. I am excited for a change of pace and the chance to be out of the house a lot. But I am going to miss all the memories with Bennett. The morning laughs, the meals and new foods we try, the pool adventures, play-dates, doctors appointments, first's... you get my drift! It has been such an amazing experience getting to be a "stay-at-home" mom for the summer. I have more appreciation for the moms who do it year round, and do not feel like it is my calling to be a 100% full-time, homemaker. But I am thankful for a break from work and lots of quality time with my family.

I am going to try and enjoy this last week as much as possible, because my next break will be Thanksgiving, and won't be 4 months long, that is for sure!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment